Posted by admin
Children today need Bible truths more than ever. Most parents know Bible reading for family is essential but sometimes it is hard to fit into the busy schedule. That’s why The Mini Ark Online Bible storytime is so helpful. You can read your children with family Bible stories that are fun, beautifully illustrated and available on-the-go.
Bible Reading for Family is Important¨
While children can have great Bible teaching in Sunday School, they need more than just that one hour a week to really know God’s word. We believe that Bible reading for family is such a vital part of your week. Since children love to hear good stories read over and over, it isn’t hard to do Bible reading when you have beautifully illustrated and clearly written stories that can be downloaded to your phone, iPad or android device. You can read the stories to your children while waiting at the doctor’s office, between innings at the ball game, or even while stopping for a fast food lunch on a busy shopping day.
Parents Can Use Stories to Help Talk about Important Truths
Bible reading for family members to share together opens up opportunities to talk about how the truths of these stories impact our lives. Talking about the sin of Adam and Eve helps children to understand that we are all sinful and separated from God. By hearing about Noah’s faithfulness, we can teach our children that they can be faithful and trust God no matter what. Children learn that God loves them and cares about all their needs when they hear the stories about Jesus as a healer and teacher.
New Free Bible Stories Every Month!
Every month, our writers and illustrators at The Mini Ark are producing new stories to add to our storybooks collection, but you can start viewing and reading the available online storybooks now. You can share with your children about:
- The Creation of the World by God.
- The Story of Adam and Eve and sin.
- How Noah was faithful in building the ark.
- Jesus’s birth and his family.
- The Temptation of Jesus and how he resisted Satan’s schemes.
Tips for Bible Reading for Family
- Start by asking your child to look at the pictures on the page and tell you what they see.
- If they know that Bible story, have them tell you what they remember.
- If they are a beginning reader, let them find some words of the page they know, or point out one or two important words you think they could recognize.
- Read the story to them with plenty of emotion!
- After you finish the story, ask them questions about it.
- You can also ask them to tell you the story by looking at the pictures.
Follow Up with Fun and Games to Reinforce Bible Reading
The Mini Ark has online games and print-outs to help you reinforce Bible reading to your children. You can be assured that letting your children play at The Mini Ark will be a safe and enjoyable way for them to learn about the Bible, and understand more about God’s plan for them and your family.